Do you ever have one of those chairs or tables that is falling apart, but can’t get rid of it because of sentimental value? Have you ever thought of maybe upcycling it but don’t know how to?
Well we have a solution for you! Spray paint is just for you!
We teamed up with the experts from Aristospray to get you the best tips on spray-painting and finishing that piece of furniture your dying to upcycle.
Read below as we share our top tips for using an Aristospray gun. If you prefer to watch the full video simply just click the link below and enjoy
Top Tips ON HOW TO SPRAY PAINT:
- One light coat
- Followed by a wet coat or the topcoat
- Start with the inside leg area, and then move to broader areas
- Make sure you finish on the hero surfaces that everyone looks at or touches first
- Keep your piece elevated to save your back
- Spray on a clean surface to avoid dirt and dust blowing onto your drying piece.
How to alter the paint area?
- Test the spray on the surface
- Depending on the surface you can choose a wide or narrow pressure.
How to make small touch ups?
- For smaller areas, still have the airflow coming through but pull the trigger half way to get small strokes.
- Don’t overspraying a particular spot to avoid paint runs.
When can I re-coat?
- Wait a couple of minutes
- Don’t go over wet/thick coats
- Go over light areas and thin coats