With summer creeping in and holiday’s and Christmas approaching.
Its the time of year that you can let your hair down and celebrate with your loved ones.
The season of family gatherings and celebrations and endless long nights in your backyard.
With that in mind, it’s the time of the year where we start to think about how can we start to make small changes to our house in the preparation for the upcoming months?
When you think of Christmas gatherings, we often gravitate to the idea of a family barbeque outside in our backyard.
Enjoying the sun, good food and company.
But ever wondered what it would be like if you could enjoy that on your very own deck?
Well say no more!
We talk what to expect when planning to build your very own deck.
Joined by familiar face Josh Ferris, from Ferris Building read below as we talk all about deckings.
If you prefer to listen, click below and listen on our podcast today!
Before thinking about building your very own deck, it is important to consider these 3 simple questions.
- Your Budget – How much do you want to spend?
- Time – How long do you want this to take?
- Maintenance – How much do you want to take care of your deck?
This will help determine what type of decking would suit you and your house best.
There are typically two types of deckings to choose from;
If you going for a long-lasting and low maintenance decking, we often recommend choosing a hardwood floor decking.
Despite the higher cost, it would add more value to your home with it expecting to last you at least 10-20 years.
TREATED PINE DECKING
Treated Pine decking, is your cheaper and quicker alternative.
However, with an expectancy of half the longevity of a hardwood deck, a treated pine allows you to add a deck in half the time.
WHAT IS NEXT?
We’ve listed a bunch of questions on what you additionally need to consider before building your deck;
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
- How many people are planning to use this deck?
- Is this gonna be structually designed to suit your family needs?
- What type of handrail are you planning to use?
- Are you planning to hire our builder to install your deck?
- Do you have a type of deck in mind you like to build?
- Have you gathered inspiration and pictures from other decks?
If you have any questions about what you heard today, any topics of interest you have in mind, or if you’d like to lend your voice to the show, email email@example.com for more insights!