Hi guys! It’s Naomi Findlay here, your Rapid Renovation Expert.
The renovation game isn’t always great for our health, stress or wellbeing. In fact, sometimes we can get so invested in our renovation that we completely forget to look after our own happiness.
I think it is absolutely essential to continue your renovations to the best of your ability that you take some extra measures in reducing your stress and increasing your focus.
The number one thing that effects your performance of the reno site is stress. Your adrenal glands control your stress hormones, which can make you cranky, tired and irritable – not someone you would want to be around on a reno site.
Check out these amazing five tips from naturopath Tammy Guest, from TammyGuest.com, to keep up your momentum without crashing:
- Reduce your caffeine intake – swap it out for water!
- Up your vitamins and mineral intake. Adrenaline can drain your magnesium and B vitamin levels so consider adding a banana and handful of nuts to your diet.
- Take a nanna nap – just laying down for 20 minutes during your day can significantly optimise your performance.
- Stop skipping meals! Plan your meals for your day on the reno site – pack your lunch from home, locate local places that have ready-made meals, utilise food delivery services and keep a store of on-the-go healthy snacks.
- Schedule time for yourself in your timeline that is off the reno site. One hour a week spending time in nature or doing something you enjoy will reduce your cortisol and adrenaline levels.