Looking for an easier way to plan your renovation? → Join Free Beautiful Renovations Masterclass
Renovating a room with a window you want to get rid of? But always scared of getting the measurements wrong or which frames to fit the space best?
Well, today we will go through all the tips and tricks on how to properly measure for a window replacement!
To watch the full video head over to our Youtube channel, or simply click the link below…
Or continue reading below…
When planning to replace the window in your space, you often need to consider a few things prior to the change
Questions to consider…
- Your Budget – How much do you want to spend?
- What light and security – What works best for your space?
- Quality – How often you want to service?
- The practicality of the window- What do you want to get out of the window?
Once you figure out the right window for your room it’s time to start thinking about how to get it replaced!
Windows are one of the hardest things to get right within a renovation. Often our measurements are wrong and we are left with the frame of the window is left uninstalled.
We recommend if you have the choice to hire out some tradies or experts to help install your windows to help reduce the stress. However, if tradies are out of your budget we have some tips for you if you wanted to do it at home yourself…
TOP TIPS on measuring for a window replacement
- Measure Approximately
- Pick the right window for your room keep in mind the space around you and whether it will match
- Best to measure the tight opening – distance from brick to brick
- Repeat this step 3 times horizontally and vertically for an accurate measurement
- Repeat steps for the external side of the window – Take photos on the way to keep track