Hi guys! It’s Naomi Findlay here, your Rapid Renovation Expert.
Bathrooms are one of my favourite rooms in the house to renovate! There is nothing better then creating an amazing space that you get to nurture your soul and take care of your body in after the renovation. BUT there will be a few hurdles before you get to this serenity.
Realistically every member of your house uses the bathroom multiple times a day, and if it is the only one in your house it can pose some substanial challenges during the renovation.
I was lucky enough to sit down with Marissa Roberts from Beautifully Organised, who walked us through some really simple options for making your bathroom renovation a little less stressful from an organisation and functional perspective.
Don’t have time to watch? Listen on-the-go here!
- With no running water or shower, and no working toilet you might need to rough it a little.
- Try setting up some camping alternatives in your backyard. Port-a-loos are great clean, low maintenance option.
- Otherwise, consider relocating to family, friends or neighbour’s houses for cleaning yourself. Even consider utilising your gym’s shower facilities.
- House sitting is another great option on budget, and you will be helping another person at the same time!
- If you do have the room in your budget a ‘staycation’ at a local hotel/motel is Marissa’s top advice.
- It terms of your vanity, anything you are not going to be using daily in your vanity you should declutter and store away. Set a signature make up and hair look for every member of the house during this time to condense your products.