Hi team, it’s Naomi Findlay here!
Did you know I have a renovation course? You can check it out here!
It is all well and good to have a gorgeous interior of your home, but when the view out your windows is ugly it is time to transform the view out your windows.
Today I am joined by chippy Rowan Howard at a property where the view out their living area is retainer wall and a Colourbond fence… It could be a lot sexier!
We have set a challenge to create a view out the window that brings in piles of space medicine.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO CREATE A VIEW OUT YOUR WINDOW:
- Choose Your Planter – To start this project, select the pot or planter you would like to use. In this case, we chose a formed concrete planter because it was the same width as the window.
- Build an Espalier Frame – An espalier frame is a structure that will train a plant. For this project, we chose to work with hardwood as it needs to support itself and the tree, as well as, withstand the outdoor elements. Using hardwood recycled from another project we have been working on, we tacked it together with a couple of screws.
- Thread Up the Frame – The main purpose of the espalier frame is to offer some way of tying branches. For this, we drilled 3mm holes on both sides of the frame, which we threaded a 2mm stainless steel wire through.
- It’s Time to Plant – For this project, I selected some beautiful climbers for the back of the pot and small shrubs for the front for variety and fall.
- Wind the Plants Around Your New Frames – And enjoy your beautiful, new view!