Looking for an easier way to plan your renovation? → Join Free Beautiful Renovations Masterclass
Has an old vintage lamp sat around in your house? Something that would have belonged in your parent’s or grandparents 1980’s home growing up? Or even found one when you were shopping at the markets or your local thrift shop.
Well, today we will share how you can re-amp your vintage lamp step by step to transform your lamp from this…
… to this
If you prefer to watch the full video, simply click below…
Or continue to read…
STEP BY STEP VINTAGE LAMP MAKEOVER
BASE OF THE LAMP
- Take the lap apart and give the bases a good clean down
- Cover the electrical cords with plastic
- Spray paint an undercoat or primer that is going to stick on the ceramic base – we recommend bin aerosol primer!
- Making sure you always use your PPE, spraypaint the base with the colour of your choice with straight sweeps spraying motions.
- Choose your fabric of choice – We recommend something sheer or floral
- Even fold your fabric around the shade to create small pleats and secure it with pins
- Hand sew the pleats down with a standard needle and thread
- Attach the base and top of the lamp shade with a choice of your trimming and secure it with a hot glue gun
Looking for an easier way to plan your renovation from start to finish?
Make your dream home a reality, no stress, no guesswork with our FREE Beautiful Renovations masterclass CLICK HERE TO JOIN