We all seem to have one in our study or home office. It a great tool in storing all our paper works and files that are yet digital and online.
However, over the years they often turn old and rusty. Some even sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of your well-furnished space.
Well today, we share how to transform and give a little makeover to your filing cabinet. With a fresh coat of paint, we can transform it into something beautiful, simply with three easy steps below!
HOW TO TRANSFORM YOUR OLD FILING CABINETS
STEP ONE – Assemble your tools equipment
- Wet and dry sanding pad
- Paintbrush for any dripping
- Uni-pro microfibre short nap roller
- White Knight Rust Guard
- Paint colour of your choice (we went with metallic gold)
- Apply your first layer of Rust Guard
- This does not only dry in an hour but also prolong rust and a good adhesive to the coat of paint ontop
- Sand down your filing cabinet to add a smooth finish
- Apply your final coats of your desired paint colour
Watch the full video here
To watch the full video on how to transform your old filing cabinet, click the link below!