Hi guys! Naomi Findlay here, your Rapid Renovation expert.
What’s happening in the world of styling trends is always a hot topic. I was lucky enough to sit down with Jen Bishop, from Australia’s leading interiors blog Interiors Addict, to hear exactly what is hot and what is not in living rooms for 2018.
- Cooler tones, such as pale pink and grey, have been very popular for the past 18 months. Although these colours are here to stay to an extent; warmer, earthier tones are becoming more popular.
- Warm colours, such as terracotta, mustard, and rust, will be brought into living rooms through natural timbers, cushions, and other décor elements.
- The style of living rooms are also becoming more eclectic, in comprarison to the more formal/ curated looks that have been popular over the last few years. Mixing textures and bold colours are effective ways to achieve this look.
- Lounges that are more comfortable and curvy are also trending; steering away from the lean, sculptural lounge trend.
- Drapes will continue to be popular in living rooms – sheer, floor to ceiling.