Looking for an easier way to plan your renovation? → Join Free Beautiful Renovations Masterclass
Is your home office full of clutter?
Sick and tired of not having enough storage or room?
Or even simply just always wanted a fresh makeover of the space but didn’t know how and what to do?
Well say no more, we will share some tips and tricks as well as some styling tips on how to transform your very own office.
From styling tips to DIY will show you have you can recreate your dream home office space on your very own!
To watch the full video on how we did this office transformation jump onto TheRenoShow, or simply click the links below
Or continue reading below…
Wallpapering is always a good idea when you want to add some colour or contrast into your space.
What’s good about it, if you change your mind one day you can always simply change the wallpaper around.
Using self-adhesive wallpaper allows you to not only easily apply to the wall but is also easy to remove.
Step by step on how to apply wallpaper;
- Using removable self-adhesive wallpaper, follow step by step the instructions laid out in the instructions packet
- Always have a friend or someone to help can be handy when applying the wallpaper down
- Start matching the corners of the wall, and slowly pull the backing down and smooth it onto the wall with a card
- Simply repeat each strip making sure that the wallpaper lines up
STORAGE DRAWER UNITS
We have a little styling trick for you!
By adding bespoke handles you can convert these simple flat pack drawers from IKEA into an amazing storage item for your office space.
We recommend, not just using simple gold handles but something unique or hand made to create a more sophisticated look to evaluate your drawers.
We found ours simply by looking through small businesses on Etsy!
HOW TO INSTALL YOUR HANDLES:
- Choose the handles you LOVE, as they are super easy to change.
- Now it’s time to mark where they are going on each drawer front. We recommend using painters tape to help mark so we don’t rough up the surface
- Once each handle location is marked out, simply drill a hole for your handles to be popped into
- Finally, secure your handles by screwing them in place with the nut and washer provided
CORK BOARD SPLASHBACK
Ever heard of a splashback in an office space?
Well we will be using the same concept as your kitchen splashback but making it relevant and useful in your office!
Using self-adhesive cork boards and sticking it on your walls not only works as a design feature but is also highly functional
A little tip also, you can simply paint over the natural cork to a colour that ties into your space.
STEP BY STEP ON CREATING YOUR OWN CORK BOARD SPLASHBACK
- Grab some cork decorative tiles with their own self-adhesive stickers at the back
- Decide on the colour of your choice – we went with a beautiful shade of navy paint from Taubmans
- Using a small nap roller apply a coat of paint, making sure that it doesn’t become streaky before the second coat is applied
- Simply, peel off the adhesive and line up evenly against the wall to apply
OFFICE CABINETRY MAKEOVER
Have an office cabinetry at home that is in need of a little makeover?
Well we a trick for you!
Simply add a coat of fresh paint with a colour of your choice to re-amp it for to suit your new space
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Assemble your tools and equipment
- Apply a layer of a undercoat to help the paint adhere – we choose Rust Guard as a good primer but also helps prevent an opportunity for rust in the future
- Apply your coat of paint with the colour of your choice, making sure you sand down between layers.
- Remove all your furniture out and clear the space, to help visualise the space and also get an idea of how much space you have to work with.
- Storage is key! Make sure you maximise it, it is priceless!
- Use high wall shelves to maximise your space and increase your storage
- When deciding on flooring, make sure you consider what is best for the flow of your house
Looking for an easier way to plan your renovation from start to finish?
Make your dream home a reality, no stress, no guesswork with our FREE Beautiful Renovations masterclass CLICK HERE TO JOIN