Looking for an easier way to plan your renovation? → Join Free Beautiful Renovations Masterclass
One of the best things about summer is the fact that we are finally able to spend loads of time outside. We can stay out there all evening with friends and the kids rather than being cooped up inside trying to entertain guests in a cramped space. When it comes to staging the outdoors in summer though, a different approach must be taken. You must ensure the area is inviting and somehow encapsulates summer, while avoiding the mess and clutter that often comes with the outdoors in summer.
This means that the usual blow up pools, sprinklers, water guns and empty water balloon wrappers have to go! While these are the quintessential items that are found in every Australian home during the summer, they don’t have a place in portraying the best of your property.
So, what are absolute musts for staging outdoors in summer?
- High quality looking outdoor table: This doesn’t mean you have to splurge on an outdoor table, although you certainly can! Ensuring that your outdoor table looks of high quality is absolutely essential as it is the center of entertaining. Get rid of those cheap green plastic table and chairs that everyone seems to have. Instead, opting for a wooden table that has plenty of seating space is a great way to make the most of your outdoor space and show off the best of the property.
- Green grass: In summer it can seem impossible to keep the lawn looking nice and green, however, it is an absolute must when selling in summer! Ensuring the grass is even, freshly mowed, and most importantly, green will help you make the most of the property and allow the property to look the best it can. If the grass seems to be beyond repair, having fake grass installed is always an option!
- Day bed: Having extra seating is always important for an outdoor area, especially if the area is the main area for entertainment in the summer. Having a day bed outside is a great way to add another element to the area and allow you to add extra design through pillows and throws.
- Living plants: Ensuring the plants outside are alive and looking loved is an absolute must for staging in summer. When plants look less alive than they should it is important to to either get new plants or to start watering the plants on a very regular basis! Plants are great at opening up a space, making the space more inviting and making the area look larger than it is.
- Lighting: Adequate lighting is super important when staging outdoors, having fairy lights, candles and down lights are a great way to ensure the space is well lit and comfortable. It is important for the space to look like it is a practical space, so having lighting outdoors in summer is super important!